Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Dont hate the player..."

If I had to describe myself in a couple of words, I would tell you that I am a girls, girl. I have a deep appreciation for women…why? You may ask. I was raised by a single mother and I only have one grandparent, my grandmother “Mama.” My girlfriends are extremely important to me and I am always careful to keep them in my life while I’m in a relationship. I have witnessed many girls make their guy the center of the universe and I don’t want to be that girl. I am 20 years old, currently not in a relationship but surrounded by best friends who are. I am that single friend that always manages to be “happy” when everyone else seems to be tired, frustrated, angry, sad and every other negative emotion you can think of…how do you do it? They ask…Quite frankly…I don’t know. I do keep myself busy and spoil myself just a little. I will admit that sometimes it is a front I put up because who wants to admit they feel miserable about the fact that everyone in the world seems to be in a relationship but them?! Being a third wheel is NEVER fun, but I do it because it makes my friends happy to see her boyfriend and best friend getting along. I do it for them.  When I put myself in their shoes I know I would want the same thing. In many situations I have found that I am that person looking from the outside in..in terms of their relationship. What I am trying to get across here is that I have many best friends who come to me for advice with their boy troubles and along the way I am uncovering this truth about “the game” that these boys don’t seem to cease from playing!
p.s. is it ironic that as I type this post the song “Foolish Games” by Jewel just starting playing on my iTunes which is set on random…

No comments:

Post a Comment